Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Montag, Dezember 21, 2009

Farewell Noodlesoup


English: One of the few good things in Taiwan is the noodle soup. Male Taiwanese are dog-molesting people, insane drivers trying to compensate their Confucian submission complex (bow your head to mother in law, older brother and boss) by being wild in traffic, and, far worse, they have the habit of burping in other people's faces. What makes it worse, also in MY face.
I hope I don't start the week sounding like a racist***, but this is the impression I have. Again, one of the good things here is the noodle soup. Image my horror when my favorite noodle shop had closed. They painted their sign with black color. I stood there, looking at the gloomy dark sign of horror and was struck by shock and awe.... Bye bye my favorite beef noodle soup. I hope you are well in the culinary afterlife. Sniff.

BTW: Noodle soup is called "noodles soup" in Chinglish. I mean, it IS made of more than one...

***Please have mercy with my mood. It is a gray, cold December Monday morning in Asia without even the slightest X-Mas mood and I just fought my way through a gray, polluted, GothamCity-beginners-version inflated China town caricature they call Taipei...

German, Deutsch: Taiwan ist ein Land voller tierquälerischer Herren, die sich vor ihren Schwiegermüttern, älteren Brüdern und Chefs konfuzianisch-korrekt verneigen und ihre Aggressionen dann im Straßenverkehr austoben. Und sie rülpsen. Anderen ins Gesicht. Auch mir. Aber eine der wenigen schönen Dinge in Taiwan (eigentlich gibt es nur zwei wirklich gute Sachen in Taiwan...) ist die Nudelsuppe. Man stelle sich daher meinen Horror vor, als mein Lieblingsnudelsuppengeschäft im Ort zu gemacht hat, das Schild schwarz übermalt. Horror pur. Also zurückfahren durch den Ort, wilden kleinen Männern hinter dem Steuer ihrer Toyotas ausweichend. Purer Horror. RÜLPS macht einer im Vorbeigehen. Warte, war das nicht noch eine der letzten Nudelsuppen? Hallo Sie, würden Sie nochmal....?

Keine Kommentare: